This Privacy and Data Policy describes how your personal information is collected, used, and shared when you use our App SideBet (our “App”) and when you visit or transact on our website
www.SideBet.com (our “Site”). You can find additional tools and policies on our Site.
By using our App and our Site and providing your information you are giving your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information as described here within. If you do not agree to the terms of this Privacy and Data Policy or you wish to withdraw your consent, please exit our App and our Site and do not provide your Personal Information to us. Also, see Data Retention section below.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the information you provide when you sign up, update your profile or use our App and our Site. We collect information and data on the transactions, bets, messages, communications and browsing while on using our App and on our Site. When you use our App and visit our Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your phone usage, web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you use our App and browse our Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on our App and on our Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
– “Contacts Data” is the data gathered from the contacts you provide our App or our Site. This data is limited to data you share about your contacts.
We collect Transactional Data around your interactions with our App, our Site and other users including:
– Bets between users, including all communications around successful and unsuccessful bets between users.
– History of all bets, including offered bets, accepted bets, completed bets and incomplete bets. This is generally referred to as your Track Record.
– Timing of bet registrations, results declaration, fulfillment.
You may contact, communicate, invite or enable SideBet to contact, communicate or invite your contacts. Device Information and Transactional Data may be gathered around these types of interactions including all bets. Collection and use of Device Information and Transactional Data is subject to the terms of this privacy and data policy.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the information we collect generally to improve the user experience with our App and our Site. Our systems will automatically process content collected to analyze context and applicability for future use within our App and on our Site. Additionally, we use this information to:
– Communicate with you,
– Screen our transactions for potential risk, and
– When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our App and our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with our App and our Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
We respect and protect the use of your Personal Information. We will only share your Personal Information in certain instances. We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. We may provide aggregated statistics and insights that help people and businesses understand how you are engaging with our App, our Site and our services. For example, we also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use our App and our Site: you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We will only make Personal Information about users available to third parties as described below:
– To trusted third party service providers, including vendors and consultants, employed to perform App or Site-related services, including database management, web hosting, maintenance services, analytics, data processing, geolocation, technical support services, processing, security services, and email and text message distribution.
– To any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety or other rights and interests of any person, or as otherwise required by law.
– When we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal process or respond to lawful requests, claims or legal authorities, including lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders.
– As permitted under the terms in place with our third-party partners.
– To an actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your Personal Information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice.
– To another person or business with your consent.
– We may share aggregated information with third parties to help us develop content or services.
– To customize your experience on our App and on our Site, we provide you with the opportunity to access or interact with third-party services, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Venmo, Paypal or others. When you connect to one of the Sites through these third-party services, we may share Personal Information about you with these third-party service providers.
Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us annually for a notice identifying the categories of Personal Information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes and to provide contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to: help@SideBet.com.
As described above, we may use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
GOOGLE – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
Please note that we do not alter our App or our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
We will retain information obtained through this privacy and data policy for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information. You may email or direct mail us at the addresses listed below.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 21. You certify your age when beginning use of our App and our Site. If this information was incorrectly provided, immediately cease use of our App and our Site.
We may update this privacy and data policy from time to time in order to reflect, for example, changes to our practices or for other operational, legal or regulatory reasons. We will notify you of any changes to this policy and give you the opportunity to review the revised policy in continuing to use our App and our Site.
YOUR CHOICES, OPT OUT
If at any time you no longer wish to comply with our privacy and data policy, you may opt out by ceasing use and deleting our App.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at help@SideBet.com or by mail using the address provided: 414 Hanley Industrial Court, St. Louis, MO 63144, United States